Sunday, August 4, 2013

When to visit...




From today, 15 August going forward...  
Call in whenever you like there is no longer a good or bad time - maybe avoid the middle of the night as you may be met by a grumpy woman with scary bedhead.

Please come in the side gate on Beacon Road, give the gate a shove if it doesn't open - it's not locked.  If no one is around just come in the back door and pat Chocco to stop him barking.  Don't bother looking for  valuables - there are none - and I've hidden my stamp collection!

Tea, coffee and whatever I can dig out of the pantry still on offer.  Always happy to see you.  

Earlier in the day is generally better for visits as his pain seems to kick in around 5/6pm so after that he'll suffer through but really wants quiet.  Having said that anytime is fine, it's really a matter of playing it by ear and I can make you a pretty good cuppa.  I'll try to keep this updated and I'll post the times I won't be here but if I'm not here someone will be.  
Look forward to seeing you.  

Thursday 15 August, 2013

Apologies all, it's been a bit hectic over the past two days.  Howie not travelling well.  Pain has increased and is taking a lot of medication to control.  He is sleeping a lot - delireum and agitation sets in when he is awake. 

Tuesday 13 August, 2013

Howie was still asleep when I left this morning.  He had a bit of a struggle with going to sleep because of pain which we managed to get under control in a reasonably short time.  I expect he will be up for visits this afternoon. I will be back after midday. 


Monday 12 August, 2013

Howie had a good night last night and has not been too bad today apart from being his usual obstinate self.  He is currently nagging me to get him some white paint so he can paint the doors to the downstairs room.  The other thing he wants is for me to jump start his new Kombi and then take it to the auto electrician all the while he is still trying to get out of bed despite me reminding him that his legs won't hold him up.  He simply replies 'I will prove you wrong.'


Feel free to call in this afternoon or early evening.


Tomorrow : I'll be out in the morning till about midday taking Holly to an appointment but my Mum will be here and Vicky the carer will also be here between 9 and 10.  I'll update Howie's status before I leave.



Sunday 11 August, 2013


Sleep was had by all so a pretty good day to visit.  Anytime after midday will be great.  Freshly baked scones and tea on the menu... if I get my act together. 

See you if you drop by.  Jen.  


Saturday 10 August, 2013

Not such a great day for visiting.  Quick drop ins late this afternoon will be fine but tomorrow will be better.


Shocker of a night.  Howie in excruciating pain for well over an hour, he finally drifted off to sleep around 11pm but was awake during the night and in and out of sleep since 5am.  

Holly was bit upset about dad and the fact he needed me when she wanted to watch a movie with me and snuggle.  Her alarm woke her around 6:30 so from then there was Holly, Chocco and me in the single bed listening to Howie adjust his bed up and down, up and down, up and down.

On the bright side, the sun is shining, it feels warm outside and I have a coffee machine!  ...all is good!



Friday 9 August, 2013

Seems like a good day to visit anytime at this stage.

Jen out 4:15 - 5pm for Holly pick up.

Howie slept most of yesterday but was up for visits and a chat when Donna dropped in.  This morning he has woken up bright as a button despite being awake a few times over night and we have had some very funny conversations this morning.  He woke me at 2:30am and asked for a coffee so when I told him it was too early for coffee he asked me if I could help him speak English as a second language.  I told him yes but I needed a bit more sleep first.  At 6:30 this morning he was still banging on about language so I asked him what language he spoke if English was a second language and he told me "Latvian" and asked him if he still wanted to tackle English   He said no, it was too difficult, too many verbs and gerunds...

He has been trying to get out of bed all morning and is still trying despite me telling him he can't stand up.  He said he didn't care and after persisting to get up on his own he stopped for a while and said 'if you had helped me when I asked I could have done a 90 second cartwheel'.  I said Oh, really?  He said, YES!  and then continued to try and get out of bed to do a cartwheel.    

Thursday 8 August, 2013
Visit Howie in the afternoon/evening. 
Jen out from 10:30 - 1:30pm.  - Vicky Ross (carer) will be here during that time.

Bad night with pain last night so very drowsy this morning.  He should be a bit more awake later today.  

5:30pm - Howie awake and rested.  Tonight good for visiting or phone calls. 


Wednesday 7 August, 2013
Visit Howie anytime. 
Jen out from 10:30 - 11:30am.  - Vicky Ross (carer) will be here during that time.

 He is in pretty good spirits today, chatty and a bit cheeky.  He woke up whispering just in case Len (from Sydney) and Dean (our next door neighbour) stayed over.  He didn't want to wake them!  : D 

Tuesday 6 August, 2013

Visit Howie anytime.
Jen out from 9:00 - 10:00am.  - Vicky Ross (carer) will be here during that time.

1:15pm update ::  Howie had a sleep for about an hour earlier today so should be good a bit later - sleep generally delays the onset of his pain.

Monday 5 August, 2013
He is in pretty good spirits good day to visit.
Jen out from 11-12


No comments:

Post a Comment